Terms and Conditions
- Lessons will be arranged at a mutually agreed time.
- Where possible guitar lessons will be “tailored” to suit each students musical preferences and I will also offer advice on songs/musical ideas which I feel will progress the student further. However all songs/topics covered will be mutually agreed.
- All written sheet music and tabs etc is included in the lesson price.
- Lessons are usually weekly (fortnightly may be considered on request) and either last 30 minutes or one hour. The lesson will start at the agreed time even if you are late.
Cancellation of lessons
- I require at least 24-hour notice of cancellation by telephone (not text message or email).
- The lesson starts and finishes at the agreed time please allow a couple of minutes before the lesson to get to the teaching room.
- Cancellation of any lesson with less than 24-hour notice will need to be paid for at the next lesson.
- I will keep cancellations down to a minimum and if I have to cancel for any reason, I will offer a catch up lesson to avoid you falling behind.
- Frequent cancellations may result in you losing your slot.
The following words and expressions shall have the following meanings unless the context otherwise requires:
- “Compliance Officer” Guitar Lessons Nottingham, 177 Wollaton Street, Nottingham, NG1 5GE.
- “cookies” A cookie is a small amount of data sent from the server, which is then stored on your computer’s hard disc drive
- “DPA” Data Protection Act 1998.
- “data processors” All as defined in the DPA – the full text of these definitions can be obtained by visiting “process, processing”www.hmso.gov.uk.
- “personal data” All as defined in the DPA – the full text of these definitions can be obtained by visiting “process, processing”www.hmso.gov.uk.
- “sensitive personal data” All as defined in the DPA – the full text of these definitions can be obtained by visiting “process, processing”www.hmso.gov.uk.
- “site” guitarlessonsnottingham.co.uk
- “User”A customer purchasing products from the site
- “you, your” An individual or company visiting the site, or a User of the site.
3. Our policy for processing your personal data
What personal data do we process and where do we get it from? 3.1 When you contact us via the ‘Contact Us’ link on the site or email us we will collect personal data from you. 3.2 Personal information may also be obtained – automatically by your internet browser. – by our recording telephone calls. 3.3 When a User places orders for goods and subsequently submits payment for goods.
4. What do we do with your personal data?
4.1 We will process your personal data so that:
- 4.1.1 We can process your order for the purchase of goods from the site subject to the terms and conditions of the site.
- 4.1.2 We can deal with the general queries you raise from time to time through the “Contact Us” or “Trade Enquiries” link on the site.
- 4.1.3 We can process orders placed by Users.
- 4.1.4 We can process payment made by Users.
4.2 Other purposes for which we will process your personal data are:
- 4.2.1 The general administration of Users records by us.
- 4.2.2 The general maintenance of our database and records by us.
- 4.2.3 For security purposes to protect your personal data held and/or processed by us.
- 4.2.4. For training our employees in respect of providing our service to you.
- 4.2.5 To maintain records of payments made by Users.
- 4.2.6 For our general marketing purposes.
- 4.2.7 [To send you information (by post, email, by telephone about other products and services of ours, any companies which are part of the group of companies which we may be a part of from time to time, and/or other carefully selected companies, in each case that we think may be of interest to you. This is often referred to as ‘direct marketing’ and ‘host mailing’ respectively.]
5. Who else gets to see your personal data?
6. Your Rights
7. Maintenance of your personal data
7.1 We are committed to the security of your personal data. All of our employees with access to your personal data and/or are associated with the processing of that data are contractually obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data. 7.2 We have implemented technology measures and security policies to protect the personal data that we have in our control from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction or accidental loss.
9. Contact Information
9.1 If you have any queries about our processing or use of your personal data you should write, in the first instance to our Compliance Officer. 9.2 If you want to learn more about your rights regarding your personal data, you should contact the information commissioner’s office information line on: (0044) 01625 545745 or visit their website at http:\\ www.ico.gov.uk\.